Translate

Saturday 12 May 2012

My Week of wondering what it's all about?


Totally confused this week. Don't know if I'm on me ass or me head with all the if, buts and ands on The Stability Treaty to give it its real name.
Can't decide Yes or No and now today I find out that the Germans are having second thoughts as well.
Yer man with the Dutch name in France is dithering also, and Portugal or is it Spain are next for Merkels Hatchet.

And as for Greece. The powers that be in the Euro are singing “Shenanigans Ball” to them.

Total Liathróidi Suas as Bernard Bród taught me to say. He is getting the Coc end of the stick it seems also from is it the “Olympic Council of Ireland”?

If it was me and I got a “Fiddlers Invite” to carry the bloomin' torch I'd chuck in the river and make sure it went out. Dat ed learn dem it would.

Then the Irish Times Powers Short Story competition lads and lassies - started publishing a Blog of Long lists of so called stories that were entered in the competition, eventually producing a short list that wasn't a short list at all, just another interminable long list.

When I started to write I was given a few pointers the first of which was pick an apt Title for your piece and then try, in the start paragraph, to introduce A Hook to keep the reader interested in continuing down the page.

Well Holy Gad the long lists have pieces which are un-titled, not a sausage of a name, over the story only the writers name. So now we have the Irish Times Powers “No Name To The Story” story list.

A piece without a title is not a story it's a letter: like the one you wrote to Uncle Bob, who once upon a time, before the Op. was Auntie Roberta; a request for more funds. Probally saying you wanted to buy a good book of apt story titles; to give a message and engage the reader.

I can just see it in the paper. “Irish Times Powers Winner is The Story with no Name, by Eggs Muffin Benedict, from No Name City. It wins the €10,000 smackers. Don't Google it as you will never find it as it has not got a title.”

God Above; if you are listening and not out on a day-off skite, give us all sense, soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...