Translate

Friday 25 January 2013

There is no such thing as a free lunch!




I have been reminded lately that when you open up a Google, Facebook or Linkedin account you sign up to things happening you never intended to allow happen to you.

Like for example getting Blog Posts from people you never met, and perhaps who even seem to have an agenda you don't subscribe to, or even have, God forbid, a sense of ironic humour.

In my case I was told that someone received this blog who did not ask for it.

Even when I was explaining to this person, by return comment, that I had removed them from a Circle suggested by Google, I was offered another opportunity by Google to add this person to my circles.

It can even get worse: if you write a letter to a newspaper and mention or quote a famous worldwide author, you may as I did, find a reference to your letter in USA Today or the China Almanac, or some other periodical.

If you attend a meeting to discuss a project being foisted on your area and you join the committee and they collect names, email addresses and mobile phone numbers, and someone writes an article containing the committee details in the “Skerries Online News” or the “Muskatee Sentinel Online” you will find your personal details being given to the World.

So to avoid this I suggest: you remove your Google Profile, cancel your Twitter account, close down your Facebook page, don't sit on committees and don't write letters to newspapers and throw away your smart-phone or Pad and don't ever activate GPS.

THE BIG BROTHERS ARE WATCHING!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...