Translate

Friday 29 August 2014

Kindle Countdown Deal

#Micropoetry

In old age
life proceeds
from one slice of breakfast
toast to the next.
*
A Moonlit Moonless sky,
tailed Comet.
Traveler returns:
no one here to admire the beauty.
*
Encounters with people's discarded spit,
occurs:
when you grasp the edge of a Café table
and stick a finger in gum.
*
My inherited self,
born of Father's strong seed
and Mother's sour milk,
is torn in their daily fight
for my malleable soul.
*
I remember the birth canal,
as gasping in panic,
I struggle when a tight fitting
long necked jumper glues itself to my face:
preventing my head from emerging.


Just an example of the magnificent small and restricted poetry that a Twitter format puts on poets.

These are from my book of poetry, stories and other  efforts that are on offer this week on Amazon Kindle at a 76% discount.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...