Translate

Monday 22 May 2017

Don't judge a book by its cover - it won't tell you IT'S FREE

For the next few days - until Wednesday 24th May 17, the Kindle version of In The Wicker Wood is free.

This is what Amazon readers (verified purchases) are saying about......In The Wicker Wood.

Jo Nesbo, has masterfully shown the world the secrets of Norway, its subcultures of authority (the police and the politicians), Oslo’s drug culture, murder, kidnapping and mayhem in Scandinavia. The author of “In The Wicker Wood” attempts to reveal Ireland in a similar fashion. Wicker Wood is a book worth reading.

There was just the right amount of street talk and street logic used by the characters to keep me on edge. I was very interested in, and yet scared shitless of, these mean bastards and the gritty underworld they inhabit.

I liked all the Irish nomenclature and phrases and customs that were normal to the author and the characters but were quaint and sometimes baffling to me.

Once taken up, it's hard not to finish this story. Some interesting characters, and while some of them imitate Hitchcock's Psycho, nevertheless a good weekend read.


This story takes a wild path which the author somehow magically combines with Irish mythology.


And a pitcha is wurth 1,000 wurds (Dublineese).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...