Translate

Thursday 8 May 2014

Be Careful - on the Forums - Out There Folks!

I wrote my #Amazon and #Create Space Biographies and sat back – to wait.

Then what happened? I got attacked: twice.

I can only come to the conclusion and allege that some people make judgements based on a name, a pen name, or a nationality.

Is this because they have strange ideas, or are they just people who take offence with other people, because of imaginary beliefs, or their own personal sadness, or some other reason? I don't know.

Lazarian is an Irish name in honour of Saint Lazarian the patron saint of Carlow in Ireland. It's not a foreign name. It's my third Christian Name.

Wordsmith is in honour of the Celtic tradition of using a second name to indicate a trade or skill or place in the community.

Examples are (I will give the translations in English): Smith – The Black Smith. Guilfoyle – The Servant of Paul. Mc Entaggart – The Son of The Priest ( Not Necessarily a Catholic Priest). Seavers – The Sea farers. And my own surname – The Son of The Hound of The Sea – so ancient a name that our DNA has been identified as among the oldest Irish DNA and it links my Sept – The Dál gCais – back to the Basque Celts of Northern Spain.

I also joked on my Bio. That I could not remember my Grand-kids names : I can of course. Then I thought perhaps some people who will read this genuinely don't know their Grand-kids at all because of family discord. So perhaps I should change that.

Then I said I had an Invisible Dog – big mistake!

Got bitten seriously there. Was even called Dear and Love and things like that in a hostile post.

#Amazon Forums are not for an innocent like me.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...