Translate

Saturday 17 May 2014

I have 12,411 readers...but read on!

My book is doing OK, but just OK, so shortly I will be participating in an Amazon Countdown Deal.

When I started this I wanted to see if I could publish a book using CreateSpace and the tools they offer to produce a book.

I had "The Wicker Wood" ready to go but was concerned I might mess up that book if I made any mistakes. So I got a collection of stories and poems together and produced "The Knowledge Seekers & The Land Of Cudhabeen".

It was easy using Open Office and converting the document into Word. Then I used Cover Creator and after a few errors – see my blog - It Looks Like a Tombstone! - I got an acceptable cover.

Of course my Drinking Buddy Norman remarked - I like it – but is your name on the cover a bit indistinct...Boy! (He's from Cork.)

Trying to change that small imperfection was a big mistake and I ended up with another disaster of a cover, script terrible, horrible color scheme and The Boss very annoyed with me. LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE was the advice.

Luckily I was able to recover the original.

I proceeded with the project, ordered Proof Copies and handed them out for editing and corrections. People liked them so much that they kept them, after discussing the typos etc., - that I had also spotted.

Then I did the corrections and produced more Proofs, had a look and then pushed the Button for “Publish”.

So it's out there now and it's getting trickle sales.

But I got the news this morning that I have 12,411 readers: the pity is, that it's for my TripAdvisor Reviews!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...