Translate

Saturday 31 December 2016

I'm stuck between the Darkness and The Light

It's a confusing time of the year: for an Irishman.

It's the end of one year and the start of another: or is it?

We had the Solstice, a time of change for the ancient Irish, from one season to another. Darkness banished the light promised. The knowledge of the Druids and Sun Trackers in action. (Psst, psstt...The Knowledge Seekers and the Land of Cudhabeen, my buke!)

We had Christmas Day, the new liturgical year begins. The baby in the manger, Santa and presents. (In my opinion for some kids: far to many presents.)

And now new years tomorrow. Resolutions and the like. So what will I do or not do in the new year.

Well I have only one resolution, just one.

Keep on living as long as I can and die when I can't help it.

See yas all this time next year. I hope.

Meanwhile.....“Go mbeire bliain รณ inniu faoi mhaise oraibh”

(May you prosper in the year to come, well really it says may the year from today prosper on you.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...