Translate

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Have a great Solstice day.

Summer Soltice


The above means Summer Solstice in WebDings, or some such thing.

Why did I do that – because I can't write it in Ogham.

It's the longest day of the year here in the Northern Hemisphere, and today a lot of people in various groups, will celebrate in several ways, music, poetry. story telling and the like (and “the like” covers a lot).

For me - well I fixed a puncture(s) in a tyre on my grandson's bicycle – three times and then when it deflated again found three more holes: as we say in Ireland the tube is Banjaxed, left far to long in the garage deflated.

So I was deflated as well, when “she-who-must-be-obeyed” said, “You better buy him a new tube.” YOU as if it was my fault, well it wasn't. But so that, I don't get notes like “Yer dinner's in the dog!” when I get home: I will obey.

Got version 2 of Wicker Wood loaded to KDP Kindle, but the “Look Inside” has not been updated to the new version yet: sent an Owl to KDP Support, so here's hoping it will be updated soon.

Have a great Solstice day.

Note:- Version 2 W.W has a new cover, and some text changes. Did you know some people out there don't know where "It's life Jim, but not as we know it." comes from? Others think our local dialect, fecken, shaggin, talkin, and their spellings are misspellings. One even, it seems, had an issue with the word "Hoor" thought it was incorrect spelling of Whore: not in Ireland, in Cavan or Kerry dialect.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...