Translate

Saturday 8 December 2012

Hail Mary


I was at Mass Sunday. Yes! Some of us Dinosaurs still attend: despite all.

The priest was introducing the Advent season and he started to talk about Mary and said when the angel visited her and announced she was to be the mother of Christ she said Do it to me or words to that effect. It says it better in the Angelus Prayer: “Be it done unto me according to your Word.”

Once again in relation to the Catholic Church I found something sticking in my craw.

Here they tell us a woman, in their opinion, said or would say words like that.

Is it not more reasonable that she would say, we will do this, I will carry the baby and give him a life, and nourish him and nurture him.

It would be more reasonable if she had said Listen Birdman! Hop It. Find another stooge!

I would have said. If God is all powerful, why not beam the baby down here now and leave me out of it.

And then I realised what I was thinking; Christ is not the beginning: Mary is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...