Translate

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Scarcer than Bigfoot?





Has anyone ever met or heard of a motorist brought to court in Ireland by the NRA for non payment of toll fees and penalties?

I keep trolling the “Net” and can't find any. I may be wrong BUT!

In the early days I tried to pay for two trips on a single day . The system would only accept one payment and refused the other as not due. I called and spoke to a lady who told me to forget about it.

Of course you know what happened? Yes I got a bill for the fee and the penalty. So I spoke to them over a while arguing against the penalty and offering to pay the fee.

No use and then I got suspicious when I was told the penalty could not be remover UNLESS I signed up for automatic payment.

Now I'm a very suspicious person and wondered about this and came to the conclusion after examining the “Net” again and their website that they wanted details under The Data Protection Act, from me as a person. That way I was agreeing to them getting and using my personal data for their own use.

SO then I looked at the road traffic act section mentioned on their documentation and found it a very flimsy permission for NRA to collect my Car Registration details from the Tax Authorities.

Lo and behold the act only permits data exchange in the case of “Criminality”.

I asked NRA about this and they told me I was regarded as a “Criminal” if I did not pay my toll road fee.

I asked for that in writing and years later am still waiting for that statement or any follow up on the massive penalties I must owe after a few years.

So I ask again has anyone heard of, or know anyone brought to court and convicted of not paying a toll fee and the penalties imagined by the NRA?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...