Translate

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Pat Kenny, it is alleged, may have cheated me out of a Late Late prize.


When Pat Kenny was hosting the Late Late I had a run in with the producers over the competition.

As usual the announcement for the prize at the end of the show, said Pat will ring the winner who must be there to answer the phone otherwise they will not be offered the prize and we will ring the next winner selected.

Ah! You know what happened, go on! You do.

Kenny spent so much time blathering to the guests that at the end of the show he had no time to make the phone call and he announced the winner.

SO after consulting “Authorities” I stated the email fight with Mr. Billy Producer Man.

I said Hey! Pat did not make the phone call and check if the winner was at home - just awarded the prize. This is against the rules announced for the competition. Basically you said “If you are not in! You can't win!”

You prevented me from further competing for the prize. How do you know I wasn't going to be next out of the hat for the prize. I was at home waiting for the call.

Ah! You know what happened, go on! You do.

I got a “PFO” email dressed up in all sorts of RTE speak, that culminated in Mr Billy writing that RTE had more resources than I had to go to court to fight me if I continued annoying them, and that I should shut up and “PFO”. He didn't say that he intimated that I should desist.

So you see RTE did not recently just discover the big stick to beat complainers with, they had it for a while just waiting for some other “Twit” to complain.

Well PK in my book you are now on strike two, and remember three strikes and you are out.

I know! I know! Since that traumatic experience I can't count.

I'm like the old time boxer who was knocked down so many times: that if you asked him to count to ten. He replied eight, nine, ten.

When someone explained to him it was one, two etc.. He replied again. I ain' nuver huerd dem udda numbas afore!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...