Translate

Friday 6 November 2015

Surprising what the seaons throw up - from deep in the subconscious 1960's

South Star

The leaves are falling on Griffith Avenue
They lie there
Inches deep along the Pavement
Just crying
To be walked through.


I have no mind for shuffling in them
Any more.
Besides, I’m not even sure
If they would welcome me.
They seem to wait for you.

I watch the stars.
Finding The Plough
I trace the North Star
Then turning from it, face towards you
Even if you never see me.

Someday, I pray,
I’ll find a South Star.
And then,
I’ll never have to turn my back again
To find you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...