Translate

Monday 1 February 2016

Over 20,000 Readers – 20,000! Pity it's my Tripadvisor Review's Readers!



A long time ago I had a very good holiday in the Canaries. I told Tripadvisor about it. Because I gave information about the hotel, nearby restaurants, bus routes from the airport, fares, taxi fares to the nearby town and things like that. I attracted a good readership.

I then knew that a review is sometimes about more that a single experience.

In all the years I think I only wrote a few time about questionable places.

In the Canaries being asked for cash to pay a large bill.

Or recently, in Dublin, when I observed families with children being refused admission to a pub/dining premises. “No Children” the owner roared as he barred entry at the door.

Or when I found ants in my bed in Sorrento. I had a few words about the hotel laundering my clothes when I also found them in my carry on luggage stored in the wardrobe. But got the usual Italian stall.

But otherwise I had great experiences, in all the places I visited.

So now they tell me they have awarded a badge to me to show I have over 20,000 readers.

That's great – now how do I translate that following to my book readers?

Write a travelogue you fool!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...