Translate

Saturday 11 April 2020

This is just a normal conversation - among relatives in a nursing home!




"Go home. Go Home. I don’t want you here. Go away and leave us in peace. Go to your own places."
"What’s she on about - NOW?"
"She’s been like that all week. She thinks she is back in the old house. She keeps talking to her Father and him dead since 1964."
"Christ I hope I never go like that. Feck me! Spending all your days in the County Home, out of your head. Living in the past.”

What are all these people doing in the house. I keep telling them to go, but they won’t listen. When Bossman comes home he will be cranky about it and he’s going to blame me for letting them in. He’ll want his dinner and I haven’t enough for all of them. Why won’t they leave. I don’t want them here. I have work to do.

"I keep telling you. It’s NOT The Home any more. It’s a Nursing Home now."
"It still smells the feckin’ same. Wee and vomit."
"Like your place? Shut-up She’ll hear you."
"I don’t know why we come in at all. She doesn’t know we’re here."
"Has she made a will? Who will she leave the place too?"
"I don’t feckin’ know. You shower were around her. I’m was up in Dublin."
"If we don’t watch it she might leave it to the other shower. They were in to see her all the time when she was in the house."
"I asked the Solicitor MacDonald. He said she tidied up all the bits, when she went to him over Jonnie’s will. She told none of us she was going, or what she was at."
"That was before the Hospital. She had her wits about her then?"
"Yea, well about her I’d say."
"We’re all right. She always said she would leave it to the O’Connors. To us."
"Yea. That’s right. She did. Could we get a look at it? Do you think?"
"Don’t be stupid. John Joe."
"I was thinking of nominating you Kate. I wouldn’t say she will last long in here. It’s a terrible place."
"We're in it so."
"Who else? She has no one else, but us."
"God help her!"
"F-off John Joe. Are the pubs open yet?"
"Give me a few bob and I'm out of here, me money is not due 'till tomorrow."
"What about last weeks?"
"Gone with the wind Sister Dear, gone with the wind."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...