Translate

Thursday 13 February 2014

Creedo and the Candle In The Big Wind.

Ireland was battered by a terrible storm over the last days: calm (well fairly) today but tomorrow promises more.

Over 250,000 homes without power and a similar number without phones or internet. Iphones were getting great use: giving out about the storms and  uploading pictures of trees on cars, and houses, and the likes.

The miracle is so far: no casualties have been reported.

Except that is my burger alarm, no that's burglar alarm. The other is what my PAL uses when she sees me heading for a Joint, no an eating one, not the other.

Must ensure the battery is replaced: otherwise I now have a wake up alarm system for the neighbourhood.

Anyway I'm glad to have me power back, well me electrical power, that is.

Listened to #JohnCreedon last night in the wind and dark and was thinking of asking him to play a request. “Candle in the Wind”. That was how most of us were listening: on the battery powered tranny, with candles, and in the dark.

New trend Candlelight Listening to Creedo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I am writing a new novella...I know I said I was finished...

  The Adventures of Double-barrelled Scatter Gun O'Sea A Novella for Students of B U D A Novell...